WELCOME

..and here are a few things to keep in mind:

This blog contains mostly my poetry and a few thoughts from time to time. The thoughts will be entered when and wherever I feel necessary to keep things in proper order. Thoughts and things not belonging to me will be denoted with asterisks. Poems will be archived by the date which they were written, not by that which they were posted. I tend to update things a month or few after being written so as to keep current issues from wandering unattended around the web.

Enjoy...

[somberlife was first created July 11, 2004]


“The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean; not to affect your reader, but to affect him precisely as you wish.”
~ Robert Louis Stevenson


Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Blame it on the Rain

I woke up late this morning.

I blame it on the rain.

Alarm clock buzzing, my head ringing. Drag myself out of bed, pull on some clothes.

I blame it on the rain. 'Cuz you see, if it hadn't rained last night, I could have slept.

Inhale my breakfast whole, no time to chew. Jump in my car and pray it starts.

I blame it on the rain. 'Cuz you see, if it hadn't rained last night, I could have slept. Now, it's not that the rain disturbs me, you see. It inspires me.

I drive way to fast...until I notice the time. I'll be late anyway, so I'll take my own time.

I blame it on the rain. 'Cuz you see, if it hadn't rained last night, I could have slept. Now, it's not that the rain disturbs me, you see. It inspires me. Because it rained last night I had to stay up, stay up and write.

Come around the final curve, my day's destiny is just ahead. I shiver with the thought of explanations and excuses that are sure to come.

I blame it on the rain. 'Cuz you see, if it hadn't rained last night, I could have slept. Now, it's not that the rain disturbs me, you see. It inspires me. Because it rained last night I had to stay up, stay up and write. Write about my woes and foes, about my grievances and thanks.

I make it in and struggle through classes. Finally, a bit of a break, a chance for me to pause and reflect.

I blame it on the rain. 'Cuz you see, if it hadn't rained last night, I could have slept. Now, it's not that the rain disturbs me, you see. It inspires me. Because it rained last night I had to stay up, stay up and write. Write about my woes and foes, about my grievances and thanks and about you.

Everything seems to be about you these days. You're always there, you always care, and you understand the rain as well.

I blame it on the rain, because, you see, if it hadn't rained last night, I could have slept.

1 comment:

sarah said...

...thank ya Ace...

Post a Comment