Confined
In my mind
Can’t talk
Can’t offend
That sucks
Thoughts can’t escape
Restricted to paper
Stomach aches
Longing to be alone
Too many people
Distractions here and there
I don’t care about stripes
Or Biology homework
Go elsewhere
There is not party here
This is my space
You are no longer welcome
But I can’t talk
Can’t offend
I just want to cry
But I can’t
Please Leave
I’m not fine
Don’t you see
I’m lying to you
I am tired
Longing to sleep
The sleep of the uncaring
Go Away
You are not wanted here
You and your happy feelings
I am not happy
So you shouldn't be either
I don’t care about your dying computer
Or your script
Or your phone
I like this commercial
I feel like I’m drowning in friendships
To many at one time
To much emotion in my body
I just want to scream
AHHHHH
There, that’s better.
Paper screams on a paper rant
Your laughs are infectious
To others
To me
Right now
I want them to stop
Cease
Desist
~Kerry JM
WELCOME
..and here are a few things to keep in mind:
This blog contains mostly my poetry and a few thoughts from time to time. The thoughts will be entered when and wherever I feel necessary to keep things in proper order. Thoughts and things not belonging to me will be denoted with asterisks. Poems will be archived by the date which they were written, not by that which they were posted. I tend to update things a month or few after being written so as to keep current issues from wandering unattended around the web.
Enjoy...
[somberlife was first created July 11, 2004]
“The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean; not to affect your reader, but to affect him precisely as you wish.”
~ Robert Louis Stevenson
1 comment:
Awesome ... exactly how I feel a lot of times ... convey my thanks to Kerry, who ever it is ... believe me she can read minds.
Post a Comment