WELCOME

..and here are a few things to keep in mind:

This blog contains mostly my poetry and a few thoughts from time to time. The thoughts will be entered when and wherever I feel necessary to keep things in proper order. Thoughts and things not belonging to me will be denoted with asterisks. Poems will be archived by the date which they were written, not by that which they were posted. I tend to update things a month or few after being written so as to keep current issues from wandering unattended around the web.

Enjoy...

[somberlife was first created July 11, 2004]


“The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean; not to affect your reader, but to affect him precisely as you wish.”
~ Robert Louis Stevenson


Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Glimpse Inside

Upon the realization of the personalness
and the personality
that I display via my poetry
and prose
I began to question myself
Am I prepared to share myself
[this side of myself]
With someone who knows me on a face to face level
Someone who I feel will take my every word
written (and left dangling between the lines)
and diagnose them to learn me
Not, I feel, to judge me
but to use the power, revealed by the eyes
to gain a glimpse into this soul of mine

The power of knowledge and wisdom
the implications of manipulation
the deepness of soul and thought
the residing of previous and ancient wisdom
the non-learned, but sharpenable awareness
--The look in the eyes.

Can you read my words and thus my thoughts?
Can you see through my attempt to be who I am?
Do you understand what it is I say?
- what it is I aim for?

Can you see
that I can see,
but that I do not see, myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment